First things first – Christmas update on the blog! I love this holiday so much, and I did most of my Christmas decorating in my house today. I’m finishing up my birthday with a cheesy Christmas movie, and decking my blog out in Christmas just seemed like the natural thing to do.
Second things second – the mouse is DEAD! My friend Jacob was here and set good old wooden traps, and it got caught within a day and I AM SO HAPPY!!! The journey was documented in a five part facebook live series, and thank goodness it’s (hopefully) over.
Third things third – it’s my birthday (well it was when I started writing this…it won’t be when I post it)! I’m officially 26 years old now. It’s the last year of my mid twenties and first year of my late twenties, and I’m not totally sure how I feel about it. It’s been a lovely day. I have a great family and group of friends that are far too good to me.
I was watching one of my new youtuber’s videos the other day, and she posted this one not too long ago. Watch it and then read on.
I loved it, so I decided for my 26th, I’m going to share 26 Things I’ve Learned in 26 Years!
- Don’t go to sleep with your hair wet (Yep, stole this one from the video, but it’s so true).
- Find your perfect Sonic happy hour drink.
- There is no such thing as having too many plush throw blankets, and don’t let anyone ever tell you different.
- Music can heal you. Let it.
- There’s no good reason to pee outside when indoor plumbing is an option.
- You have to be happy with yourself first before you can cultivate any meaningful relationship (romantic or otherwise).
- You can learn something every day, if you just try.
- Mouse proof your house. Even if you don’t think you need to.
- Friendships are a two way street. Don’t be upset with someone for not reaching out to you if you haven’t reached out to them.
- Reach out to your friends. Build your support system.
- Find a friend that will tell you the harsh truth, because the time you least want to hear it is the time you will need to hear it the most.
- Don’t bite your nails.
- Respect others for having opinions that are different than yours and lead different lifestyles than you do. This world takes all kinds of kinds.
- It’s perfectly acceptable to cry yourself to sleep as an adult.
- Dance in your car to whatever music you have on as often as you possibly can, especially at stoplights.
- The world owes you nothing. But you owe yourself everything. Work hard to be the best version of yourself, and never stop trying to figure out who that is.
- Call your mom. And answer when she calls you.
- Make a budget and try as hard as you can to stick to it, but don’t fault yourself if this takes a few tries to get right.
- Learn to cook a few meals by yourself.
- Eat Mexican food a bare minimum of three times a month.
- Disney & Taylor Swift singalongs can always always always make a bad day better.
- Try to start each day with a cheerful attitude and smile on your face.
- When you pack to go somewhere, triple check your bag for underwear.
- Don’t wear a glittery sweater to the airport.
- Figure out what’s important to you, and make sure those around you know what that is by living an authentic life.
There you have it! A few nuggets that I’ve learned as I continue the trek through my twenties!