In my last post, I referenced that I really was thankful, because three days after my wisdom teeth extraction, I was doing well! And I was. But apparently my teeth heard that and decided to prove me wrong. So….six days after my surgery, I finally have some things to say about my recovery process.
- Pain pills? I love you, but a couple of your side effects are causing me to want to take a pain pill for my pain pill.
- I was told I can’t go to “high impact” workout classes (aka Zumba & Kickboxing) for one week. I get why I can’t, I really do, but I’m about done with sitting down and doing fancy stretching (aka Pilates & Yoga). Kudos to those that it helps, but honestly? I’ll be happy if I never go to another Yoga or Pilates class again.
- When you can’t work out and you’re still on a diet, you limit your calorie intake by about 500 calories per day. I’m hungry…..all the time.
- There is no pain quite like the pain of accidentally chewing with your back teeth while recovering from wisdom teeth surgery.
- Foods I eat almost daily: chips, carrots, apples, 100 cal cookie crisps, nuts.
- Foods I still can’t eat because it hurts & I can’t use my back teeth yet: chips, carrots, apples, 100 cal cookie crisps, nuts.
- It’s a really good thing I love applesauce so much.
- I can’t wait until I don’t have to be nervous about the next mealtime.
- I never knew that it took two whole minutes to eat a Ritz cracker since you can only chew with your front teeth.
- How long can apples sit out on the counter top before it comes dangerous to eat them?
- Has it been six hours or four hours since my last pain pill?
In conclusion, I’m over this mess. I’d like to end this post with a letter:
Dear two gaping holes with stitches on them just chilling in the back of my mouth,
Stop. Hurting. So. Much.
Hungry, Exhausted, Sore, & Out of Shape aka Torey Nicole