Well, I can officially add November 2017 as another month of no blogging. I’m not going to lie, friends, life is pretty much non stop for me. You know you’re busy when you wake up in the morning and the first thing you think is, “Which job(s) do I have today?” I’m definitely not complaining…I truly love both my jobs and my busy life – but it is busy. I am rarely home for much longer than to come home, eat (which as of late has been not good food – more on that below), shower if I have enough energy, and go to bed. So even though I hate writing posts for the pure sake of updating you on my life…that’s what tonight’s post is going to be about.
Baptism! On November 16, my church small group completed the Rooted experience and I took the step of faith to be baptized. I was blessed to be baptized by a friend of mine whose faith inspires me every day.
Tulsa! My mom, grandma, cousin, & I all went down to Tulsa & Pawhuska, Oklahoma, for a long weekend. We got some crafting in, ate some wonderful food, and most importantly, got to visit The Mercantile!!! The Merc is Ree Drummond aka The Pioneer Woman’s store, and I AM IN LOVE. I absolutely love her, and going to her store & eating in the restaurant was a dream. Can’t wait to go back!
Happy Thanksgiving from Rhea & Everett (grandma & grandpa) & the grandkids!
Birthday Weekend! I turned 27 on the 27th and celebrated in two ways – the first was by running my 5th 5K of the year – AND PLACING. I got my fastest time by 1:22 with 28:02 and placed second in my age division! Then I went home, put on my fancy dress, and partied…..and by partied, I mean played board games and was in bed by midnight…but I DID do it in that gold dress 🙂
Chick Chat! At my radio station job, we are focusing heavily on digital initiatives – and this is one of them! A former coworker & I had the idea for a female-led podcast called Chick Chat, and now it is a real thing! She is no longer with the radio station, but my partner in crime Danielle is a great co-host. We are simply two chicks chatting, and I am so incredibly proud of our episodes. Click here to listen!
Those are the major things that have been going on in my life. In other news:
- I’ve gained about five pounds and found my motivation to be at an all-time low with my sweets craving at an all-time high.
- Christmas 98.5 & Bridal Fair: Major radio station events that are keeping me busy!
- St Jude: I get to go to Memphis for St Jude again and I CANNOT WAIT.
- New Years Resolutions: I’m making them again this year! Can’t decide if I’m excited about it or setting myself up for failure. Time will tell.
- It took me over a week to decorate for Christmas this year.
- Pumpkins are still on my front porch.
- I ate five cookies the other night in less than two hours.
- I took a ten minute power nap on my couch the other night instead of just going to bed.
- I actually put “clean desk” as a to-do list item and then lost the list in desk that needs to be cleaned.
- I have 24 things on my calendar….in the next 7 days.
As you can tell – good things are happening. And as you can tell – life is also kind of kicking my behind right now. But I’m focusing on the good, playing Christmas music (& new Luke Bryan <3) every chance I get, not sweating the small stuff, remembering that four consecutive days of family time is right around the corner (which YES is a good thing for me), and reminding myself consistently that Jesus has got even my crazy life under control – so sometimes it’s ok that I don’t.